Pathfinders is a Christian based organization providing outreach and skills-oriented activities for children in the developmental ages of 10 to 15 years of age.
The goal of the Golden Eagle Pathfinder Ministry of Abney Chapel SDA Church is to provide wholesome activities and challenges to enable young people to develop spiritually, physically, socially and morally, and that they are collaterally prepared for life’s most challenging situations.
The Pathfinder Ministry teaches Christian principles through two foundational mechanisms: The Pathfinder Pledge and The Pathfinder Law.
Thousands of Pathfinders each year learn and choose to abide by the requirements of the Pathfinder Pledge and Law for the sole purpose of growing closer to their Creator and to others, regardless of their particular life demographic.
All boys and girls in fifth grade or 10 years old or older, you are invited to join the Pathfinder Club at Abney Chapel every 2nd and 4th Sunday here at the church.
Uniforms have changed. Director Karen Walker can explain the changes. Please have the money for your uniform no later than January 14, 2018. The cost of the uniform is $80.00. Uniforms will be ordered so they will all look alike. Please get measured and give us your sizes.
Open registration is now for Pathfinders and will close on 11-18-2017. Please check with DIrector Karen Walker, Sis Harris, Bro. Mantrel, Sis Naja, Deputy Director Jonathan Evans, SIs Harewood-Seaston, Sis Lulu or Elder Walker. These people are on the staff and they can answer your questions.
1-14-2018 is our Parent and Staff Meeting. Please be there.
Next Pathfinder meeting: 11-12-2017. Welcome!
If you want to be in the Bible Bowl in March 2018, please let Sis Harris know at the meeting. Meeting is from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
All Questions please forward in this Order
1. Director: Master Guide Karen Walker PH: 910-583-1198
2. Deputy Director: Master Guide Jonathan Evans II PH: 910-286-1571
3. Master Guide: Elder Gary Walker PH: 910-261-4468
Important Immediate Information
Staff Prayer Meetings 30 MIN PRIOR TO Every Meeting
Friends: Counselor Pam Harris, Companions: Counselor 3rd year TLT Naja Austin, Explorers: Master Guide Counselor Rose Seaton, Rangers: Master Guide Sadluny Mouzon (Lulu) Voyagers: Counselor 4th year TLT Mantryll Williams, Guides: Master Guide Elder Gary Walker
Ushering Coordinator: Jadedene Hannon
Fundraiser Coordinators: Rose Seaton and Sadluny Mouzon
Parent Meeting is held Monthly; all parents’ attendance is Required
· All Class A uniforms will be changed to NAD/ conference standard (white blouses and shirts and black skirts and slacks). All uniforms will be ordered in bulk by Director Karen Walker
· All monies for uniforms must be turned in directly to Director Karen Walker, Deputy Director Jonathan Evans II, Master Guide Gary Walker in a tithe envelopes (not in offering plate). This will ensure proper accountability for your funds.
The Pathfinder Pledge is: “By the grace of God, I will be pure, and kind, and true. I will keep the Pathfinder Law. I will be a servant of God and a friend to man.”
The Pathfinder Law, that each child must learn, states:
“The Pathfinder Law is for me to:”
Additionally, Pathfinders provide opportunities for the youth to earn honors in skills ranging in basic household crafts, nature study, astronomy and much,much more.
- “Keep the Morning Watch,” which means to seek God’s guidance at the beginning of each day,
- “Do My Honest Part,” which means to be helpful and fair in all activities,
- “Be Courteous and Obedient,” which encourages a respectful and obedient attitude toward authority,
- “Keep a Song in My Heart,” which encourages cheerfulness and pleasantness and,
- “Go on God’s Errands,” which teaches that we must always be watchful and ready to do as the Lord asks.
They then apply many of these skills during community service events and outdoor camping adventures which prepare them to survive in the wilderness; both the man-made and the natural.
It is our constant hope, and has been our experience, that lives are changed as a result of involvement with the Pathfinder Ministry. We invite all youth between the ages of 10 to 15 to take part in the Pathfinder experience. We’re confident that it will be and uplifting and rewarding experience.